Friday, August 27, 2010

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Rodrigo y Gabriela (2006)


So I had the absolute pleasure of seeing Rodrigo y Gabriela last weekend at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA. Rod Gab has been one of the acts I have wanted to see most for the past 3 or 4 years and finally that desire came to fruition. Some people say that things are better when you are forced to wait. I think that's bullshit. If I could consistently see Rodrigo y Gabriela every weekend I would be one happy motherfucker.

Their stage presence is amazing. It's so blatantly obvious that these two grew up metal heads. Every time Rodrigo or Gabriela took a solo they would get on the edge of the stage, throw a foot up on a monitor, and shred right in the faces of the audience. Luckily enough, I was two people from the stage and got to experience the full brunt of their mastery.

My only criticism from the show: turn those speakers up to 11, dammit!

In FLAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment