Monday, May 24, 2010

Hip Hachet - Men Who Share My Name

Here's a new one from one of our favorite Jerseyites (I said one of aK, don't get defensive), Philippe Bronchtein with his folk project, Hip Hatchet. Men Who Share My Name is a lovely offering from him, complete with beautiful melodies, introspective lyrics, and great production quality.

I definitely see a lot of Nick Drake and Leonard Cohen influences in here, which is never a bad thing, yet Hip Hatchet definitely retains a unique quality in the vocal harmonies that I think are the gem of the record.

Usually we post albums up here in FLAC to download but I'm going to link this to Hip Hatchet's bandcamp page where you can give it an initial listen then buy it at a price you like (minimum 2 bones). After all, the money goes to a good cause...we all know how haggard Philippe is.

Oh, and you can get it in FLAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment